We’ve addressed a number of frequently asked questions below. If you need more information, please contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you.
You play a pivotal role in your treatment. We invite you to ask questions and openly share how you’re feeling throughout the process. Clear communication will ensure your treatment is tailored to your needs.
If you don’t need the intensive services of an emergency room, please contact our office at during regular office hours. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone number is: 541-774-5853 or toll free: 833-443-6191.
If you have a condition that you consider to be an emergency, we will make every effort to work you into our schedule as soon as possible. If it is after office hours or on a weekend and immediate attention is needed, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Because all our doctors work as a team, each one is prepared to help you with any issues that may arise. One of our physicians is always on call, so we are always available to answer your questions.
The resources section of our website will refer you to over 100 websites that contain the latest information to help you understand your condition, it’s treatment, side effects and more.
The Patient Forms page on our website has a all our admissions forms. You can download them, fill them out at home, and speed-up the admissions process at our office.
Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and shoes. Dress in layers in case you become too warm or cool. Out of respect for your fellow patients, please refrain from wearing any fragrances. Eat a light meal before your infusion, because being hungry can make you feel worse during the infusion. Drink as much fluid as possible prior to your appointment.
We offer CT scans in-house. Using ASIR software, our low dose CT scanner is able to produce higher quality images while using up to 40% less radiation than other scanners in the region. At Hematology Oncology Associates, you get the best of both worlds—the minimum amount of radiation and the best possible diagnostics.
We work with all the major health plans in the region. Our business office staff will assist you with pre-authorizations, referrals, and any insurance or billing questions you may have. Please contact our billing department at 541-774-5853.
Yes, we are a participating provider for Medicare. This means that we limit our charges to the amount approved by Medicare. Of this fee, Medicare pays 80% and the patient is responsible for the remaining 20% and any deductible not met. We will submit your claims for services directly to Medicare on your behalf. Medicare pays for all “medically necessary” services.
While most of your laboratory work will be performed in our clinics, some tests may occasionally be sent to an outside laboratory. Your monthly HOA statement will include charges for in-house lab work, but any services received elsewhere will be billed directly by the outside facility.
We understand cancer can be a difficult challenge for you—not only emotionally but financially. Not everyone has sufficient health insurance or means to cover their treatment. We find a way for every patient who cannot afford treatment to get the care they need. There are many assistance programs available for low-income families. Click here to see a list of available programs.