Join Our Team
We currently have the following career openings:
The practice is well-established and is the only hematology oncology group in our large catchment area. The practice includes four offices in Medford, Oregon and Grants Pass, Oregon. Our practice is one of only two ASCO QOPI-certified sites in the state of Oregon. We have a robust and growing clinical trials program, four day work week—except for call, which at this time is approximately 1:10 weeks. We offer a very competitive benefits package that includes, health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, CME and vacation. After one year of employment, partnership track is available. The medical community in the area is excellent, with all subspecialties supported.
Southern Oregon is an outdoor paradise boasting four mild seasons, hiking, biking, camping, fishing, snow and water skiing and more. We are situated 2.5 hours from the Pacific Coast, Crater Lake and the Redwoods. The area has wonderful cultural opportunities as well, including the famous Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Britt Festivals concert series, more than 30 local wineries and excellent restaurants.
Oregon Medical License or ability to obtain required. Submit CV to Hematology Oncology Associates, PC ATTN: Debbie McNamara, Human Resource Generalist via e-mail email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documents all elements of care.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid-level provider.
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
- Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient’s chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Serves as mentor/preceptor and provides day to day guidance to less experienced nurses.
Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred. Minimum of 3 years nursing experience, preferably in an oncology environment. Current or pending Oncology certification preferred. Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred. Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state. Current CPR certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment.
Prepare a cover letter and resume.
Send the application, cover letter and resume to us:
Hematology Oncology Associates, PC
Attn: Human Resources Manager
2828 Barnett Road
Medford, Oregon 97504
We look forward to receiving your application!